We are a collective of unique individuals pushing for a bright future. A world in which prosperity is abundant and technology acts as a communal connective tissue. We believe in a web3 world, where data and payments are fluid and controlled by the creators. We believe in the pursuit of open knowledge for the greater good. The tools for connecting the dots are finally here.
Technology is constantly evolving and blockchain technology, a fluid, and open system is suited to help us catalyze change. Friends With Benefits are creators, rebels, artists, thinkers, and doers forming an organization to discuss and shape that future. By gathering those looking to create change, Friends With Benefits aims to take these new tools and help implement web3 in a multitude of ways.
By unifying our community through a social token - $FWB - members can be confident that everyone in the group has shared skin in the game. By teasing the future of token-permissioned access, Friends With Benefits strives to showcase how a community can reach scale without diminishing quality along the way.
We invite all those who share this vision to join us. All we ask is that you follow these principles:
- Shared Identities - Please introduce yourself in
#introductions. Friends With Benefits thrives on trust, and we encourage everyone to share their background, specialties, and interests to better foster conversations around member's expertise. Many of us change our handles to
[FIRST NAME] - @[twitter]aid this transparency, but it's optional to do so.
- Diversity - Unlike many other crypto communities, Friends With Benefits comes with members of all different backgrounds. Whether it be someone whose first experience in crypto was getting $FWB or someone who's been in the space for five years, we encourage everyone to respect and acknowledge that this space welcomes opinions and questions of all forms.
- Inclusion - In Friends With Benefits, we're lucky to have a strong number of high-profile individuals with strong subject matter expertise in their respective fields. What's important to remember is that everyone is here to learn, meaning new members should be treated the exact same as someone who's a household name.
- Responsibility - Friends With Benefits is a largely self-policed community. This means while moderators won't actively monitor and police every message, but your voice and vibe can be precedent for penalties. Please do your best to keep a positive spirit and if you really aren't getting along with someone, battle it out in the DMs :)
- Peace of Mind - Within Friends With Benefits, members can feel confident to share personal anecdotes and information that they may not feel comfortable sharing publicly. This means what's said in FWB stays in FWB. We encourage members to assume good faith and respect other's willingness to share their thoughts without having to worry that it could be used against them.
Altogether, these principles serve as the foundation for a community focused on the future of culture. The more it grows, the more it's on you to help ensure the group retains the values that helped get the community to where it is today.
We look forward to growing together.